Road closures in Nashville during Music City Grand Prix IndyCar race weekend
When a city has a street racing weekend, there will be road closures.
the Grand Prize of the City of Music Three-day race weekend kicks off Friday with workouts for four series, including the IndyCar Series. The weekend will end on Sunday with the first 80-lap IndyCar race of the Music City Grand Prix. The route stretches past Nissan Stadium and across the Cumberland River via the Korean Veterans Memorial Bridge.
But everyday Nashville drivers might only have a few more days to take a hot ride.
Many roads in and around the course are expected to close at 10 a.m. Thursday and will remain closed throughout the weekend. The Grand Prix road closure schedule says most roads are expected to reopen by 5 a.m. on Monday.
Here are all the road closures this weekend, according to the Music City Grand Prix:
Closed all week
- Nissan Stadium car parks
On the Nissan Stadium side of the Cumberland River
- Exit 49 on I-24, in both directions
- Shelby Avenue to South Fourth Avenue
- Interstate Drive
- Way of the Titans
- Avenue of Victory
- Russell Street
- South Second Street to Crutcher Street and Woodland to Russell Streets
- South First Street to Woodland Street and Victory Avenue to South Second Street
- Sylvan Street to Third Street
- From Korean Veterans Boulevard to Second Avenue
On the downtown side of the Cumberland River
- Hermitage Avenue from Molloy Street past Peabody Street
- Peabody Street from Second Avenue South after Hermitage Avenue
- First Avenue South between Peabody Street and Hermitage Avenue