The downtown association is looking for art submissions for the Christmas Walk button
The Downtown Great Falls Association is soliciting nominations from local artists for the 38th Annual Christmas Walk Button.
This year’s theme is “All is Merry and Bright” and submissions should be submitted by 2:00 pm on September 8th.
The judgment this year will be the same and will be the choice of the public in two formats:
- The Downtown Association will post all eligible submissions on the Downtown Facebook page and track the number of positive reactions to each artwork.
- The Downtown Association will post images of the artwork in three physical locations downtown where the public can vote. Each person can vote only once.
The image with the most combined Facebook votes and live voting will be the illustration of the 2021 Christmas walk button.
Art submissions for the 2020 Christmas Walk button are now being accepted
Rules for the artwork:
- Original artwork should be matted and ready to frame.
- All works must be submitted in a round format, any other shape, such as a square or rectangle will be rejected.
- Artwork can be any convenient size as it will be duplicated on 3.5 inch round images, which will be wrapped on 3 inch buttons so that the outer quarter inch of the image wraps around from the edge and not visible.
- Artworks can include the “38th Annual Christmas Walk 2021”, but this is not mandatory, the DGFA will superimpose this lettering on your artwork.
- Please make sure that the keyframes, letters and signatures are far enough from the outer edge of the circle to appear on the face of the button.
- Artists can submit up to three design proposals.
The winning artist will receive a cash prize of $ 150 from the DGFA. The buttons will be numbered and sold to members of the community interested in an opportunity to win the Christmas ride prizes.
Upcoming Holiday Events in Downtown Great Falls; Trip canceled 
DGFA will print 500 buttons using the selected artwork, which will also appear prominently on the event poster distributed throughout Great Falls. The original artwork will also be offered as a prize for the Christmas Walk design and the lucky winner will become the owner of the original artwork. The image becomes the property of the DGFA and may be used in future promotions.
The project is open to artists residing in Cascade County. All eligible applicants, regardless of race, sex, religion, nationality, origin or disability, will be considered. If you are unsure of the eligibility, contact the DGFA.
Artists should attach their contact information to the back of the artwork and submit submissions to the Downtown Association office at 318 Central Ave.
Winning art will be announced by September 15 and non-winning art can be picked up afterwards.
If you have any questions, contact Kellie Pierce at DGFA at 406-453-6151 or [email protected]